The History of Waterford, Virginia
   Part of the Waterford village web site

History photos of Waterford VA
Waterford was settled by Quakers Waterford was pro Union Waterford was an active mill town Waterford was the second largest town in Loudoun before 1860 Waterford's history is its people Change comes to Waterford Furniture making was an important part of Waterford
about the village
History of Waterford and Loudoun County
Visiting historic Waterford
Village and historical maps
About the fair including photos
site index
1PLs - Personal loan from 1000 to 35000 dollars

Go to the Foundation web site Foundation events About the citizens' association About the citizens' association Join the WCA web pages for members only
Waterford history home page
History index

Waterford Post Office

About Loudoun County's eary post offices »

The third oldest in Loudoun after Leesburg in 1793 and Middleburg in 1797, was a tribute to the industry of the Quaker families who began settling the area around Janney's Mill in the late 1730s

First Waterford Virginia post office
First Waterford Post Office

As early as 1809, Quaker Daniel Stone lived in the Hillside House on Bond Street and operated Waterford's first post office. The house remained in his family until at least 1875, when a map indicates his daughter Rachel Hollingsworth was living here. A one-and-a-half-story stone miller's house built shortly after Francis Hague's cottage stood adjacent to Hillside's east elevation until about 1920, when it was demolished to make room for a chicken yard.

Currently the Post Office is located at the corner of Main and Second Streets and has been in this location since 1897.


List of Waterford Post Masters
Waterford Post Office
Current Waterford Post Office



 Top of page




Download the free web browser you can trust
Faster and safer than Internet Explorer

- 11/20/2004 © 2024